This is adapted from a talk I gave at DenverScript last year. It covers basic testing principles, introduces Angular and a little bit about how to put the two together.
We’re going to be starting from the conceptual basics of testing. I hope that starting at the beginning will be helpful to newer developers and put this all into context.
At the end of this post, you will be able to…
- Talk about foundational testing concepts using the right terminology
- Talk about an Angular application at a high level
- Discuss the differences between isolated unit tests and integrated unit tests, and when to use each in the context of Angular
- Know the difference between shallow and deep integrated tests
- Go back to your own Angular code and get started with writing unit tests